Fun games for the pool in school holidays and vacations
Posted on March 31 2015
When school holidays and vacations roll around it can often be difficult to find ways to entertain your child and keep them busy. This can especially be even more difficult during longer school holidays such as during the summer. However, there is a solution. You can come up with fun games for the pool during the school holidays. Some great examples are Water Polo, “Swimming Battleball” and “Sharks and Minnows”.
The Basics of Water Polo
Water Polo is a very common swimming pool game and it can be very fun as well. The point of this game is that 1 of the teams tries to get the ball they have in the goal spot of the other team. Here is what you will need to do in order to play Water Polo:
- Preferably there should be an even amount of players on each time, the more the better.
- You should have 2 goals (1 on each side).
This can be a very fun and exciting game that can be played time and time again.
The Basics of Swimming Battleball
Swimming Battleball is another swimming pool game that is somewhat similar to Water Polo. However, there is more to it than that. The goal of this game is to get your team’s ball in the hole and not let the other team get their ball in the hole. This is generally for more dedicated swimmers and water lovers and it is recommended to last 2 whole hours (but you can play for less time if you wish). Here is what you will need to do in order to play Swimming Battleball:
- Split the team into two teams.
- Split the pool in two (the deeper end will be the field for playing, the other field is for 2 players from each of the teams.
- Set a timer for the game.
- The goal would be to put a ball into the hole (this is in a plywood board that you cut a big hole into).
- There should be two big balls (beach balls work great), one for each team.
That is the game. You can play until the time is up and see which team has the highest score or you can pick a score to start with and play until one team reaches that score.
The Basics of Sharks and Minnows
Sharks and Minnows is another great swimming pool game. This game has been played for many years. Here is what you will need to do in order to play Swimming Battleball:
- You should play the whole pool length.
- The best swimmer on your team should be the shark.
- When crossing the pool you must stay in a certain position crossing the pool (you can decide this position) and try not to let the shark get you in this position. Don’t let yourself become shark bait.
This is a very fun game and you can change the positions up when crossing the pool as well to make the game more varied and fun too.